Looking to strengthen your team? Grow your business or boost your return on investment?
We’re here to help.
With over 75 years of experience, we can help you clarify your goals and develop a plan to ensure your success.
Turnarounds, Restructuring & Distressed Situations
NRCP has extensive experience in working with management of restaurant/retail companies in turnarounds and restructuring efforts, including Chapter 11 bankruptcy. All of our partners have worked at various times and positions in this highly specialized area.
Our previous clients include mid-sized chains up to 400 units/$400 million in annual sales. Our work includes out-of-court financial and operational restructurings, evaluating and planning restructure strategies, and then providing the hands-on expertise to execute the plan. NRCP also has worked with the bankruptcy court process, generally Chapter 11. In this regard, we have developed and executed court approved documentation and settlement agreements with a variety of stake-holders. We have also worked as both retained advisors to management and as temporary employees leading or assisting in restructure events.
- Plan and evaluate restructure strategies, both out-of-court and in-court (bankruptcy).
- Negotiate with key stakeholders: investors, creditors, lenders, lessors.
- Debt restructure
- Complete initial thorough analysis of the existing operational strengths & weakness, brand strategic positioning and corporate finances.
- Identify the opportunity set of achievable strategies and flexible tactics required.
- Develop and document the restructuring plan in conjunction with Management.
- Execute debt restructuring plan (negotiation, term sheets, supervising drafting of documents) in close coordination with expert counsel.
- Worked closely with bankruptcy counsel during Chapter 11 on all aspects of the filing with a financial or operational component.
- Create business plan for the emerging entity.
- Submit periodic financial statements and schedules in support of legal filings.
- Administer all claims resolutions, including:
- Pre-petition accounts payables,
- Major/minor unsecured vendors,
- Lessors, and
- Long-term debt holders.
- Recording summaries, evaluations, changes to strategy & accounting of claims.
- Administer bankruptcy-related reporting, accounting, and special projects as needed/required by Court.
NRC’s Partners have highly sensitive cultural antennae which enables their quick and accurate assessment of an organization’s potential responses to change. Today’s environment is one in which changes come from many different directions. Evolving policy, legal, financial, and regulatory environments are driving changes that disrupt culture and therefore organizational performance. NRCP can help organizations develop the ability to respond effectively to make them stronger and ready to tackle the next, inevitable rounds of change.
Implementation of new policies and management practices
Absorption issues following a variety of M&A activities
Introduction of software to more effectively manage labor, inventory, etc
Menu development necessary to remain relevant in a changing industry
NRCP and its network of existing and former executives can help strengthen your team. We can help you determine the needs of your organization at the very highest levels and identify, locate and contact suitable personnel to build your team. NRCP also has considerable experience as interim management aiding a transition, or during financial turmoil that will help you and your organization pass through and support your existing team as needed.
- Board membership, Advisory or Formal
- Interim executive management
- Executive recruitment through our network
With Wall Street experience and numerous transactions in the private and public markets, we will help you through this often confusing process. NRCP works with private equity companies looking to acquire operations – companies looking to acquire franchisees, or secondary concepts. We work to develop a successful strategy based on the owners needs and life cycle. We identify targets to acquire, or sell to and determine an apt valuation. We then make the appropriate introductions to third parties in either a buy/sell engagement. We will anonymously contact identified targets and acquirers to test the waters on strategy and valuation, providing market feedback and advising on the structure and terms of a final transaction.
- Strategy Formulation
- Sale and Purchase Introductions
- Segment Analysis and Strategic Direction
- Target Analysis and Valuation
- Anonymous Contact with Targets
- Negotiation and Contract Advice
Note: NRCP is not a broker and will not represent you as a broker and will take no percentage fee of a transaction. NRCP accepts advisory fees only.
Looking to grow your company? We have extensive experience in developing rapid growth and capital deployment plans. From ensuring the development of a unit economic model that generates an acceptable ROI, to formulating and explaining the core differences in capital and management deployment between corporate store growth and franchising, NRCP has capability to help any size organization.
- Strategy Formulation
- Unit Model Economics
- Internal Development
- Financing Advisory & Introduction
- Franchising Advice, UFOC drafts
Optimize Existing Operations
Over the years, we have operated numerous concepts in multiple segments and can help you and your team develop, integrate and manage accountability from the unit level to the C-level. From the top line to the Middle of the P&L (Food & Labor) NRCP will be personally involved in creating the systems, the tools and education to ensure success.
- Optimize Operating costs – Labor costs
- HR planning and assessments
- Brand positioning
Get a free first consultation
8151 East Arapahoe Road, Suite 300
Greenwood Village, CO 80112
PO Box #682544
Franklin, TN 37068